Multi-Billion Dollar Global Nutritional Supplement company is looking for a Chemist to join their fun and collaborative team. The Chemist is required to have a higher-level of understanding of chemistry. A qualified individual will work with advanced-level testing on instrumentation that has complex techniques and requires the ability to prioritize/organize samples. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door of a fantastic company that values its employees and offers potential for growth.
The company offers an amazing work environment along with a 3-day work week (Monday-Wednesday 6am-6pm) that will eventually transition to a 4-day work week (Monday-Thursday 7am-5pm).
The Chemist will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Organizing, coordinating and conducting appropriate chemical, physical, and sensory tests as determined by the scientist or as indicated in the specification as necessary for validating product design, quality, and performance. This may include Titrations, Dissolution, Disintegration, Weight Determination, UV spectrometry and HPLC.
- Preparing, organizing and documenting the activities associated with all lab bench work in an appropriate, organized and legible manner according to corporate and cGMP standards. This documentation will primarily occur in the laboratory notebooks and Laboratory Data Management system.
- Compiling, calculating, graphing and tabulating data generated in lab tests and report for timely communication to and interpretation by Scientist(s).
- Maintaining laboratory organization and housekeeping through regular laboratory upkeep activities to include lab equipment maintenance, lab supplies, file maintenance, laboratory clean-up, storage room organization, supply purchases, chemical waste disposal, etc.
- Acquiring, applying and continuously improving technical skills to facilitate efficient Quality Control evaluation as required for the specific department. Examples may include knowledge of safety procedures, computer skills, advanced analytical equipment, sampling procedures, record review, etc.
Qualifications for the Chemist:
- Bachelors in Science Chemistry or Biochemistry.
- 1-2 years of related industry Quality Control experience.
- Understanding of Chemistry principles.
- Basic knowledge of quality assurance / quality control tools, techniques and safety principles.
- Understanding of lab operations under applicable cGMP / ISO standards and industry practices.
- Effective communication of technical data (both verbal and written) internally.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to independently recognize and balance changing priorities to include interruptions, deadline revisions and managing of critical samples
- Proven ability to multi-task; efficiently and professionally completing tasks and projects with a high standard of accuracy and presentation.
- Computer skills to include an ability to learn and use job-related specific applications, software and databases including the use of typical office suite software package.
- Proven ability to identify, anticipate, and timely communicate problems to Senior staff/Supervisor, and to collaborate with scientific team to review related information, develop and evaluate options, and implement solutions.
- Demonstrated use of basic statistical tools.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and improve technical skills.