Internationally recognized Biopharmaceutical Company focusing on the Research, Development and Manufacturing of cell culture products has an opening for a Liquid Formulation Technician. The Liquid Formulation Technician is responsible for the formulation of liquid cell culture media products and diagnostic components. This is a first shift position and the hours are 5am to 1:30pm, Monday – Friday.
The Liquid Formulator will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Formulating liquid and/or diagnostic formulas per manufacturing protocols utilizing various weighing equipment such as scales and balances.
- Handling both solid and liquid raw materials/components to successfully formulate Liquid batches.
- Using Mettler-Toledo IND780 terminal system to ensure correct raw materials assigned in the batch record are used and at the specified quantity.
- Reviewing lot folders for accuracy, completeness and availability of components necessary to complete job prior to the scheduled date of production.
- Obtaining proper samples and forwarding to QC as required.
- Initiating Document Change Requests (DCRs) as needed.
- Suggesting changes in departmental procedures and processes (SOPs) as needed.
- Maintaining all required logs and associated documentation.
- Ensuring that all chemicals are stored and labeled properly.
- Performing calibration on all required equipment including pH meters and osmometers.
- Verifying scale/balance calibration and performing in-process scale checks.
- Keeping work area, utensils, tanks, mills, and equipment clean and organized per 6S training.
- Ensuring that supplies needed such as weigh boats, gloves, lab coats, etc. are well stocked in their designated areas; ordering supplies or informing Lead/Supervisor if supplies need to be ordered.
- Following all safety procedures and working in a safe manner including wearing all required personal protective equipment.
- Understanding and following procedures to ensure that chemicals are handled properly.
- Safely and effectively operating dry heat oven, steam autoclave, centrifuge, mixers, heaters, pH/Osmolality meters and other equipment as necessary.
- Other duties as requested by Lead or Supervisor.
Requirements for the Liquid Formulator:
- Associate’s Degree in Chemistry required; Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry preferred.
- 2-5 years’ experience in liquid formulation / compounding in a GMP regulated environment.
- Good understanding of pH and osmolality.
- Working knowledge of lab equipment and instruments such as pH meters, Osmometers, scales, balances, pumps, etc.
- Stable work history.
- College level education in chemistry and knowledge of safely handling the chemicals.
- Working knowledge of metric system.
- Good understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).