A global Nutraceutical client, with phenomenal benefits and a collaborative corporate culture is looking to identify and hire a SCADA Engineer I. The SCADA Engineer I position supports the Worldwide Manufacturing and Engineering department by providing SCADA programming and control engineering support for the Worldwide Manufacturing facilities. The candidate’s focus will be to develop software enhancements and upgrades and help to maintain existing SCADA infrastructures worldwide. Responsibilities include the design and development of SCADA graphics, SQL procedures, and reports without jeopardizing production. This position will interact with GTS, controls engineers, as well as contractors and vendors to provide data and controls integration support. Where appropriate, this position may be asked to manage projects, help to prepare schedules, and coordinate project execution with other departments and teams.
The SCADA Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Designing, developing, and deploying SCADA graphics and reports for Operations.
- Designing, developing, and deploying SQL tables, views, and procedures used to track and store SCADA information.
- Configuring SCADA systems to communicate to new equipment.
- Tracking SCADA alerts and address SCADA system maintenance including reboots, backups, and client displays.
- Working with and managing contractors performing SCADA integration services.
- Assisting in project management by helping with scheduling, coordinating appropriate groups, and ensuring project execution.
- Assisting in end-user training of graphics and systems.
- Assisting in troubleshooting system issues, expanding user access, and assisting in requests for data.
- Assisting in creating SCADA technical and training documentation.
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
- S. degree in Computer Science or other Engineering discipline with programming background.
- 1-5 years as a software developer or controls engineer with experience of SCADA systems and software programming. Experience working in food or CPG industry is desirable.
- Strong programming knowledge in VBA, VBScript, .NET, and SQL/Oracle.
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
- Basic understanding of network architecture and data flow.
- Strong inter-departmental communication skills with Production and Maintenance.
- Basic working knowledge of Windows, Outlook, MS Project, Excel and Word.
- Ability to take the lead and manage projects.
- Ability to understand manufacturing process and packaging systems and how they function.
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under general supervision.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced manufacturing environment and be a strong team player.
- Previous systems integration experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of AVEVA Indusoft, GE Proficy, or other SCADA systems.
- Knowledge of Historian software.
- Basic understanding of PLC Programming.
- Experience preferably in Pharmaceutical, Food, or CPG industries.
- Good working knowledge of cGMP’s, HACCP/AIB, and FDA regulations in Food and Nutrition industries.